‘Your Relationship With Jesus’ – An Inspiring Message From T.B. Joshua
Emmanuel! Here is a summary of key points from the message preached by Prophet T.B. Joshua on Sunday 15th January 2012, titled, ‘Your Relationship With Jesus’.We pray God would open your heart to His Word as you read, and inspire you to not just be a hearer of the Word but a doer!
- John 21:15-17 – Jesus asked Peter one of the most significant and penetrating – in fact, one of the most dangerous questions ever asked: ‘Do you love Me?’
- Three times, Jesus asked Peter, ‘Do you love Me?’ Three times, Peter answered, ‘You know I love You.’ Three times Jesus responded by giving Peter a responsibility – ‘If you love Me – keep My sheep, shepherd My sheep, care for My sheep.’
- Before we can be responsible to Jesus, it must be because of our love for Him.
- Jesus asked him this question three times before giving him the commission to shepherd His sheep.
- He did not ask him if he was a gifted speaker – the ability to speak fluently, flawlessly and eloquently.
- He did not ask him if he was a talented leader.
- He did not enquire about Peter’s seminary training or Bible knowledge.
- All these things are important but they are not the issue. The issue is quite simple.
- The issue is found in Jesus’ question, ‘Do you love Me?’ The essential quality is found in Jesus’ question, ‘Do you love Me?’
- Jesus repeated the question so that the concept would be crystal clear. He wanted Peter and us to know that love is central.
- Stop complaining of those who failed you.
- Stop complaining that everyone in your family is poor.
- Stop complaining about your limited education.
- Stop pointing your finger at the economics of your nation.
- Stop meditating on your weakness.
- There is hope for you – whether you are educated or not, whether you are a farmer or a professor. The hope – loving Jesus. In other words, loving others.
- Remember, whatsoever you do your fellow brothers or you fail to do – that you do to Jesus.
- If you help your fellow brother, then you help Jesus.
- If you dupe your fellow brother, than you dupe Jesus.
- If you care for your fellow brother, then you care for Jesus.
- If you ignore your fellow brother, then you ignore Jesus.
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 – There are only three things on this earth that will last – faith, hope and love. The greatest is love. Since the greatest is love, we need to make the greatest sacrifice.
- PRAYER: Lord Jesus, grant me Your loving heart, the will to give and share.
We thank God for this inspiring message and pray God would give you the grace to apply His Word into your daily life. As Prophet T.B. Joshua says, “Using God’s Word in our daily lives is the secret of faith.”
This entry was posted on January 18, 2012 by SCOAN London. It was filed under Sermon Summary, Teaching and was tagged with Do You Love Me, Emmanuel TV, message, scoan, Sermon Summary, TB Joshua, Your Relationship With Jesus.